Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Thursday, March 14, 2019

The Year's At The Spring

It happens every year when winter is winding down! One day the temperature shoots up to sixty and I am infected with spring fever. Today is the day!
Winter still has a week to go before we reach the equinox but  I am ready for a change of seasons. After months of sitting at my laptop pecking away day after day, the warm air didn't have to coax me to come outside. I raked the trash out of the shrubbery, cleaned some windows, hung sheets on the line, and walked my trail. I was walking two miles a day until it got too cold. I know I will have to work up to it gradually so I only walked a section of my trail. It felt good to be more active and outside again.
Each season has a beauty of its own but I think I like spring the best. Perhaps that's because it is a season of renewal, hope, and promise. After months of a dead brown landscape, a few warm days is all it takes to turn the world green again. New life is always a miracle and a gift from God.

The year's at the spring,
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hill-side's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in his Heaven— 
All's right with the world! 
Robert Browning

No comments: