Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pushing 60

This is my last day to be young. I think I say that every year on the day before my birthday. But this year it really is true. This year I cross the line that puts me in the Senior Citizen class. I will qualify for the little perks like senior discounts.
I didn't mind turning 40 and 50 didn't hurt either. I figured by then the damage had been done. But 60? Now that's a different story. I feel too young to be in the senior class. But what can I say? The figures do not lie. 1947 was sixty years ago.
Oh well, I guess there are worse things than turning sixty. Like turning 70. Or 80. Now 60 is starting to sound young after all.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

With the average life span being about 80 years, you should still have about 1000 weekends left. That doesn't sound too bad.

Gray Lane said...

At least you can still push...I hope you had a good day at Lancaster doing the research you enjoy.