Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Countdown

One week from today we will be on our way to Israel. Last week I started putting odds and ends in the suitcase, but this week I am doing some serious packing. Of course, I won't be able to finish until after I wash clothes on Monday, but I can pack a good bit now.
Lest I don't have time the last days before we leave, I will post our itinerary now.
May 27--Leave Newark, NJ 2:30pm for a 10-hour flight
May 28--Arrive Tel Aviv, Israel, 8am (1am EST), drive to our hotel at the Dead Sea and go swimming. Early bedtime!
May 29-- Masada, En Gedi, Qumran, Jericho, Jerusalem
May 30--Mt. of Olives, Gethsemane, House of Caiaphas, Bethlehem
May 31-- Old Jerusalem, Wailing Wall, Dome of the Rock, Pool of Bethesda, Judgment Hall, Garden Tomb
June 1--Day of rest in Jerusalem, free time to plan own activity
June 2--Jerusalem, Bethany, Temple Model, Western wall tunnel
June 3--Bedouin camp, Jordan Valley, Sea of Galilee, Tiberias
June 4--Galilee, Golan Heights, Mt. Hermon
June 5--Nazareth, Cana, Haifa, Megiddo, Caesarea, main tour group returns to Newark
June 6--Fourteen of us stay another week to do a work project in Jerusalem. This will be house repairs, painting, etc. for poor and/or elderly people.
June 13--Return to Newark, NJ at 5am
We have been told our phones will not work over there so I am planning on touching home base via e-mail on my brother's laptop computer, but I doubt I will be doing any posting here while we are gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAVE A WONDERFUL AND SAFE TRIP.
THE GINGRICHS