Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pot O' Gold

Have an old freezer or refrigerator you want to get rid of? If you live in the area served by First Energy electric utility companies (MetEd, Penelec and Penn Power) you may be able to cash in on those old appliances. They will send someone out to pick up the old appliance for recycling and pay you $50 to boot.
We had an old upright freezer that I had not used for years because I didn't need it anymore and it ices up within a few days. We never got rid of it because it is such a pain to drag it up the steps out of the basement. When I saw the ad in the paper offering to take it off our hands for recycling I knew this was a deal I couldn't refuse.
The guys were just here, hauled it away, and gave me a receipt for a $50 check which will be mailed plus five free light bulbs. That's my little pot of gold on St. Patrick's Day!
You can get more information about the program here

No comments: