Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Silver Lining

We reached a milestone on Sunday. Eighteen years ago Steve had his eighteenth (and last) birthday on November 13. I can hardly believe as many years have passed as he was with us. I can't quite picture him being 36. In my mind he is forever 18. God has him in His keeping, we have him in our hearts.
Although we never would have chosen for Steve's life on earth to end when it did, there are some benefits we never would have if things had been otherwise. One of those blessings is the "addition" of Steve's best friend to our family. He has since married and has five children who call us Grandpa and Grandma and consider our other grandchildren their cousins. "Every cloud has a silver lining."


Last week was a very full week with church every evening plus running to and fro on the face of the earth three days. I had very little time to get things done here at home. All these activities made it an interesting week but I am ready for the pace to slow down this week. At the same time, I am realizing the holiday season is rushing to meet us and there will be no lack of things to do the rest of the year.

1 comment:

Twila Henry said...

I still remember that night so clearly. I had the "Lebanon Co. youth" at my house when we got the call. We drove down to Sheafferstown to see the car and there were a lot of tears shed!
I am thankful for the love and acceptance you offered to Jay and his family. I know that means a lot!