- Einstein was four years old before he could speak.
- Isaac Newton did poorly in grade school and was considered "unpromising."
- Beethoven's music teacher once said of him, "As a composer, he is hopeless."
- When Thomas Edison was a youngster, his teacher told him he was too stupid to learn anything. He was counseled to go into a field where he might succeed by virtue of his pleasant personality.
- F. W. Woolworth got a job in a dry goods store when he was 21, but his employer would not permit him to wait on customers because he "didn't have enough sense to close a sale."
- Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team. Boston Celtics Hall of Famer Bob Cousy suffered the same fate.
- A newspaper editor fired Walt Disney because he "lacked imagination and had no good ideas."
- Winston Churchill failed the sixth grade and had to repeat it because he did not complete the tests that were required for promotion.
- Babe Ruth struck out 1,300 times---a Major League record.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
I was going through my files and found this failure list I clipped from a newspaper years ago. If you're feeling like a failure today, take heart and keep trying.