Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Family Weekend


Our Family Weekend is normally in June, but this year we adjusted the schedule a little and had it in May. Cheryl's son, Josh, graduated from high school on May 16. The entire family traveled to Ohio to attend the graduation on Friday evening. Gene was the main speaker.
 
 
Here are the six graduates with their teacher, Mr. Lapp.
 

 
Josh with his diploma and proud parents.
 
 
Would a graduation be complete without a cake?
 
 
After the party was over, we all went to a cabin a half hour away at Cambridge, Ohio, for the rest of the weekend.


In my book, this is not a cabin but a log house in the woods. It was spacious enough to accommodate all of our tribe even when it rained Saturday afternoon. The kitchen was fully stocked and even had a dishwasher.


 
 There was a large living room with a fireplace (which we did not use).


We enjoyed each others company on Saturday and a variety of activities which ranged from quiet ones like a 500-piece puzzle to fishing, skateboarding, etc., depending on age and interests.


And, of course, chewing the fat.


We also took family pictures on Saturday morning. We took each family separately this time and will make a collage which will follow later.


The weekend passed all too quickly. After attending church Sunday morning and having a spaghetti lunch, it was time to pack up and make the long drive back home. It was a good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a familiar place that fills me with such good memories! That cabin was owned by my brother-in-law, Nelson, until just very recently. Seeing the pics makes me hope we still get to gather around that big wooden table and play "Dig" at least a few more times! I'm glad y'all enjoyed your family time there...I always enjoyed browsing through the guest book to see if there were any folks that I knew.
Sandra Hoover

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeing your photos. You probably don't know me because I'm lots older than you but you might know my sister Verna Witmer Horst and my brother James Witmer they are younger than me. your blog was discovered by a friend searching for info on and ancestor , lived in Hartley Ia, Mary Stauffer and Jacob. Kesselking I also have read all your books, keep scribbling! Phoebe Witmer Thompson