Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Monday, August 17, 2020

We Can "Bearly" Wait

 I'm a week late, but "better late than never." 

Last Sunday, August 9, we had a baby shower for Gerald and Kelly whose first child is due in early October. I'm not good at party planning or decorating and was recovering from surgery so I was glad to let Kelly's family do the planning and decorating. I provided some of the food and the paper supplies. They did a very nice job of decorating with a woodsy/bear theme.


The verse on this display is very fitting. We prayed for this child for nine years. 

We had a good response with nearly 60 people attending. They got a lot of nice gifts that will give them a big boost in furnishing the nursery.

Our gift was a glider rocker which is on order and could not be there. I couldn't go without anything so I gave a couple small gifts. The onesie says "Worth the long wait." And there is a story behind the teddy bear. Gerald was ten years old when we had my mother's estate sale. I don't know why, but he told me to buy this bear. He was too big to play with teddy bears so I kept it all these years waiting to give it to their first child. Twenty-seven years after my Mom died, she was represented in this gift. I think she would be happy to know she gave a gift too.

There was one gift especially for Gerald. With these detailed instructions, he should be able to handle the job.

Everyone who brought a pack of diapers could put their name in the basket for the door prize. It was a big basket of bath and body products tied with the yellow ribbon. Kelly drew the name and my sister, Betty Ann, was the shocked winner.

No party is complete without food. I am not a cake decorator. Kelly's mom made the cute bear cake and bear paw cupcakes. 

The party was a great success and now it gets harder to wait as the time comes closer. They do not want to know what they are having. I can "bearly" wait to find out and see the little one we prayed for so long.

No comments: