Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Only a Dishrag?

 The following little article I wrote was published in Companions in 1981. Someone told me they never forgot this one. I thought perhaps it bears repeating. (Small print added.)


   Of what value is a dishrag anyway? There are more expensive gadgets in my kitchen, but none more versatile or indispensable than my humble dishrag. I have used it to wipe the windowsill at the sink, wash the jelly from a toddler's face, to give extra grip when a stubborn jar refused to open, as well as the daily ordinary dishwashing chores. (and other things not mentioned here)
   My dishrag is often stained by the dirt it works against and gets frequent cleansings itself. Without complaint or hesitation it accepts any job I need it for. It does big or small jobs equally well. It stays in its place on the sink, ready and available when I need it.
  Did I hear you say you sometimes feel like a dishrag? Well, good! God can use more (humble, flexible) dishrags in the church.



No comments: