Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Monday, November 22, 2021

A Stitch At A Time

   In September I seized the opportunity to take a tablecloth from a pile of things my brother-in-law was giving away. His wife (who passed away last year) had bought this tablecloth and only got a few stitches in it. Summer was winding down and I was looking for something to do this winter. I took it thinking it would take me all winter to do it.
   On October 1, I put the first stitches in it. I had not done any embroidery for a long time and enjoyed it so much I couldn't let it alone. I'm not writing a book this winter so I had lots of free time and kept stitching away. I put the last stitches in it this morning. I surprised myself by finishing it in one month and twenty-one days. I have no idea how many hours I have in it.
   I chose the colors to go with my kitchen. It is on the table now but covered with a piece of clear plastic to protect it from spills and stains. We've come a long ways from the days when I used a terry tablecloth because of the frequent spills! Can two old fogies be trusted to keep it clean?



center design

corner design


No comments: