Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Winter Projects

    Every winter I have a list of things I want to do before spring comes. It's a time to withdraw from the world, hole up inside, and do things there isn't time to do in the summer. Since we are empty nesters now, I can begin my winter projects in October. My list for this winter is:
Embroider a quilt top
Put a puzzle together
Crochet a baby blanket
Write six devotionals for a new book
Scrapbook my 2022 photos
Quilt a baby quilt
Crochet an afghan
   So far I have checked off the first four things on the list and will start on the photos today. The quilt top took me about two months. I will let the quilting for next winter.


The puzzle was the largest one I have ever done. It was the first (and the last) 2000-piece puzzle I have done. It consumed my life for three weeks.


  I don't have a photo of the baby blanket but it is ready to give when there is a baby shower for a great-grandchild who is on the way,
   Having a list of projects helps make the winter interesting and pass more quickly. By March I am usually ready to move on to other things. Now on to the photos!

No comments: