Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

An Extra Day

I have often wondered why the extra day we have every four years is in February. By now, I think most of us in northern parts of the world are longing for spring. Some parts of the country have had a lot more snow than we've had this winter, but we have had plenty of gray, dreary days here. Last week I felt like I was half asleep and could not concentrate on anything.
This week we've had a few sunny days and it has done wonders to lift my spirits. One day I went out to burn the trash and heard flocks of Snow Geese overhead. That was a hopeful sign! But this morning it was 16, snow is in the forecast for tomorrow, and spring still seems a long way off.
Why should we stretch out winter any longer than necessary? Why can't we have that extra day at the end of June instead of in February?

No comments: