Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Granny Shoes

This morning we went to Cabelas and bought me a new pair of shoes. I never bought shoes there before and the only reason I did now is because we had a gift certificate. Leroy is not a hunter or fisherman by any stretch of the imagination. We aren't happy campers either, so there isn't much at Cabelas we are interested in buying. But I did need a good pair of walking shoes for our tour of Israel in May. So, all things considered, we went to Cabelas and bought me a pair of shoes.
Deciding which pair of shoes to purchase was a weighty matter because the state of my feet will go a long way in determining how much I enjoy the trip. After a lot of deliberation I chose a pair of sensible tie walking shoes. I hate to say it, but they are exactly the kind of shoes you would expect a granny to wear. I don't like the looks of them but decided this time comfort has to come before vanity. I'm going to wear them awhile to break them in so they are really comfortable for all the walking we'll do on the trip. Have the courtesy not to laugh when you see me wearing them. After all, it will be my feet that suffer if I wear something more fashionable. I am a bona fide granny now and I've got the shoes to prove it.

No comments: