Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cousin's Quilting

I embroidered a quilt top for each of the children. As they got married I let them choose a top from the pile and quilted it for them. I didn't think it was fair to make the youngest take whatever was left so I made an extra one. Gerald is 24 and there is not the faintest hint of a wedding for him (he's not even dating), but I decided to go ahead and quilt the last two. Then they are done and he can choose from finished quilts instead of tops.
I had considered putting this one in the frame back in November but decided I have too many things to do and it can just wait for another winter. But this month I changed my mind. I was ready for something different. So today a bunch of my cousins came and quilted. We got about half of it done. I can finish the rest myself by working at it evenings. It's in the basement and no hurry to get it out. It was a fun day, and a great way to brighten up a dreary rainy day.

No comments: