Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

In The Air

Spring is in the air! That's good news to winter-weary souls. Yesterday the temperature soared to 63 and it will come close to that again today before heavy rain moves in and drives the mercury down. It is too early for spring to come to stay, but the signs that we are moving in that direction are unmistakable. The Snowdrops and miniature crocus are blooming. Canadian and Snow Geese are flying north. This morning Gerald saw the first robin.
As usual, I had a long list of things I wanted to do this winter. I have gotten some of my goals accomplished but other things are still unfinished. If I don't get on the ball, I will have to paraphrase Jeremiah 8:20 to say, "The time has passed, the winter is ended, and my work is not done."
This month is a race with the calendar to get a little more done before the spring rush is upon us. To that end, I have invited a bunch of cousins to come for a quilting on March 19. That is the last "big" project I had on my list. I didn't expect to finish the other things I have been working on this winter. After all, if I got everything done, what would I do next winter? I have to (as Mom used to say) "save some for seed."

No comments: