Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Finish Line

I put the first stitches in Cheryl's quilt on December 30. I had help for a couple hours one day, but I did the rest of it myself. It was a fun way to spend the month of January. I was so nearly done I knew I wouldn't be satisfied doing anything else this morning until the quilt was out of the frame. I crossed the finish line at 12:20 pm. Cheryl will do the binding of the scalloped border.
The top was marked for quilting when Cheryl gave it to me and it turned out beautifully. Here are some close-ups of the quilting patterns. I'll spare you a picture of my sore, bleeding fingertips.


With the quilt off the list, maybe next week I can get to some other things that are on my list for this winter before the season melts into spring.

2 comments:

Miller scribe said...

Thank you for a job well done. You will get to admire your handiwork every time you use our guest room.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilt! Great job!!

tas