Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Native American Prayer

I came across this Native American Prayer this week. The theology may be questionable but I like the thought, especially since we had an unexpected death in the family two weeks ago.

I give you this one thought to keep---
I am with you still---I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone---
I am with you still---in each new dawn.
"Today thou shalt be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:43)







No comments: