Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Friday, July 10, 2015

Show Time

Leroy went to a tractor show tonight. He knows me so well he didn't even ask if I want to go along. My philosophy on tractors is simple. If you've seen one you've seen 'em all. Why should I throw money away to go into a tractor show when my time and money can be used more profitably? I was happy to stay home and find my own entertainment.
I pulled weeds for awhile but then took a ringside seat on the patio and watched the sun go down. Our enclosed patio is not heated so it isn't useable in the winter. But I love to sit in my hammock chair on a summer evening and meditate as I enjoy the sights and sounds of nature. The sunset this evening wasn't as spectacular as sometimes but it is still a beautiful world and I am blessed to live in the country where the show is the best.
 
 
THERE IS A GOD

There IS a God in heaven
But there are you who doubt
No further proof is needed
You just need to look about.

Only He can paint the sunset
And the beauty of the rising sun
No human hand can match it
Though millions of paintings are done.

If you've ever seen the rolling hills
And the little babbling brooks
The beauty of flowers blooming
It's splendor, just take a look.

If you've ever been to the seashore
And gazed across the ocean
And heard the breaking of the waves
It's like poetry in motion.

If you've ever walked through forests
Amid all the plants and trees
And caught a glimpse of small creatures
He too created these.

If you've sat outside on a starry night
And gazed at the beauty above
Or seen the moon begin its rise
It's His way of sharing His love.

The majesty of the mountains
The green valleys in between
The deserts and the rolling plains
It's almost like a dream.

When summer turns to autumn
And leaves begin to change
Such beauty you can't imagine
But God has it all arranged.

Then autumn turns to winter
As the weather begins to turn cold
See the beauty of snowflakes falling
Like a blanket of white to unfold.

My friend, if you are one who doubts
Whether God does really exist
Just look at the marvels around you
No human could have given you this.

To feel, to touch, to smell, to hear
God gave these senses to you
Along with the sight to see all that He made
Look in a mirror, He created you too.

Emily McAdams



 

No comments: