Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Thursday, November 22, 2018

It's Not Fair


      We have so much to be thankful for in this country. I feel guilty when I hear about so much suffering in many other parts of the world. Why should I have such a comfortable life when other people are hungry and cold? Why have so many people been driven from their homes through no fault of their own and had their lives and families destroyed? It's not fair that they should have so little while I have so much. We have not been blessed to indulge ourselves. We can't fix all the inequality in the world but we can share what we have with those in need. 
      Why was I born in a land where there is freedom of worship while others are persecuted for the same faith? Why was I born into a Christian family that made it easy for me to learn about Jesus and the way of salvation while millions live in spiritual darkness and never heard the name of Jesus? It's not fair that I have had the opportunities and they had none. I am humbled to be so blessed.
     Today, as we gather in houses of worship and around tables loaded with food, give God the credit He deserves. All we are and have comes from Him. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: