Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Monday, December 30, 2019

20/20 Vision

   Twenty years ago there was a lot of fear about what might happen when the new century began. Nothing drastic happened when the year 2000 came in and life went on. We are now closing the teen years of this century and the numbers are about to roll into the 2020s. What might happen in the next decade only God knows. 
   What is your vision for the 2020s? I'm not talking about New Year's resolutions. When we reach the 2030s and you look back at the 2020s, what do you want to see in your rear view mirror? 
Since I have already passed my 70th birthday, this could well be the last decade of my life. If I reach the 2030s, I want to see:
  • I grew in my relationship with God
  • I adapted with grace to the changes aging brings to daily life
  • I trusted God's wisdom no matter what happens to me and my family
  • I did not give up praying for those who need the Lord
  • I did not waste my time on things that have no eternal value
  • I was faithful in the little things
  • I cared less about myself and more for others
   That's my vision for the 2020s. What is yours?

"I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him (my soul, my life, my family) against that day."


No comments: