Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Look

The weather this week is gorgeous. It's sunny and in the 70s, making it warm enough to open windows. This is just the kind of weather I was waiting for to do some painting in the living room. Yes, the living room. After 40 years of the same paneling, the time has come for an extreme makeover. Last summer we tore the paneling off the front hall and had it replaced with drywall. I would have liked to do the whole living room, but that was more than His Highness would allow. I thought maybe in a couple years we will finish the job, but in the end decided I am willing to compromise and just apply a couple coats of paint.
I started yesterday and it will take me all week. The old paneling is so porous it takes two coats of primer and two coats of the color. It is the same color we painted the hall last summer. This is how it looked at noon today with the job about half done.
We are a house divided. He thinks it was fine the way it was and I voted for change. What do you think? Shall I go on or scrape it all off again?

1 comment:

Meredith said...

It probably makes it brighter! Looks good to me! I've been painting and stenciling too. ~Edith