Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Grandpa & Grandma Size

The garden is planted at last. We got the vegetables planted the beginning of the week and then Leroy seeded the top half in grass. This is the third time the garden has been cut in half. This picture looks like the new lawn section is bigger than what is left of the garden, but that is due to the angle from which it was taken. Gene stepped it off before we planted and the remaining garden is just as big as the newly seeded grass section. Gerald got a couple bales of straw from one of his farmer friends and spread it over the grass. With the cloudy skies and showers we're having, the new grass should come up quickly and we'll have a Grandpa-size garden.
And here is my Grandma-size strawberry patch. When I was young and foolish I planted 100 strawberry plants in the garden. I don't know what I was thinking when I did that. We had strawberries for everybody and their brother! I gave up having a strawberry patch perhaps six or eight years ago. We missed having fresh strawberries of our own when they are in season but I can no longer keep a patch weeded all summer. This year I got the bright idea to put a couple strawberry plants in this big pot behind the house. They will survive the winter and eliminate the need to buy annuals to plant in that pot every year. And we can have a taste of fresh strawberries in season. It takes so little to keep me busy these days!

No comments: