Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Good News & Bad News

I had an appointment with Dr. Walker yesterday and she was thrilled to see I have been able to go off prednisone without a flare up. At last, we have found the right dose of the right medications to treat my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am to continue on the same "cocktail" of drugs I'm taking but keep prednisone on hand for flare ups as needed. This time I can wait four months to see her again and if all continues to be well she may stretch it out to six months. It took us longer than she expected to get the right dosage of drugs but we are getting there.
I am very blessed and grateful, and almost feel guilty to have everything at my fingertips when I think of the people in Haiti. They are suffering from wounds and broken bones and have no medical help available. I also feel very helpless. Aid is on the way but they are suffering in the meantime. Help cannot arrive fast enough. Our thoughts and prayers are with my niece, Bethanie, and others who are in Haiti doing what they can to help. May God be with them and supply all their physical and emotional needs.

No comments: