Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

More Pillow Tops

Two years ago I made a dozen quilted pillow tops, using patches cut from my mother's dresses. Each of the Burkholder daughters and granddaughters got one. There was a pile of patches left so I promised to make one for each of the grandsons. That was one of the sewing projects on my list for this winter. I finished the second dozen yesterday and here they are.



After making two dozen pillow tops there is still a pile of patches left. I'm not sure what to do with them but they will wait for another year. I am glad to cross this job off my list so early in January. I am certainly not lacking for things to do the rest of the winter.

2 comments:

Plainlady's Ponderings said...

Those look very pretty. Could you explain how they are put together?

Scribbler said...

The pattern is called "Trip Around The World." Start with the center block and lay blocks of another color on all four sides. Continue going around that way until the piece is as big as you want it. Then sew the rows of patches into strips and the strips together into a square. After the tops were pieced I quilted them. The last step was putting the ruffle on and a matching piece on the back. You can either put a zipper in the back or overlap two half pieces to make an opening to insert a pillow form. I hope this makes sense.