Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Feasting Season

When I woke up Friday morning there was an old lady in my bed. Horrors! It was me!!
I decided I would be allowed to do anything I pleased that day to soften the blow of being an official card-carrying Senior Citizen. What could be more fun that strolling through a cemetery looking for some missing persons? It was a relatively mild day with bright sunshine and no wind. Perfect for cemetery stomping. I went back to the city cemetery I visited last week and picked up the list of names I had left for them to locate in the files. Armed with the section and plot numbers, I set out to find my people. A very helpful custodian soon followed me out there and kindly led me around to all the places on my list. I came away with only one small bit of new information and the rest was negative progress---the rest of the people I'm hunting are not there.
The second cemetery I visited was a total failure. No one was in the office and finding anyone was hopeless without a list or map. I drove through slowly but didn't waste any time walking around looking. After I got home I contacted someone who has done a lot of work there and learned where to find the cemetery records.
I got groceries on the way home. It was nearly 1 p.m. and I hadn't had any lunch. Since it was my birthday I was allowed to treat myself to a sour cream and onion soft pretzel from the snack bar in the grocery store. Better than birthday cake!
In the evening we went to Cracker Barrel for supper---on a gift card. Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite restaurants. I like the atmosphere as much as the food. Leroy wasn't hungry because he had eaten too much of the office lunch so he just got a small meal. I had a full meal of rainbow trout. It was great! Afterwards we went to Cabelas and I enjoyed looking at all the mounted animals on display. It turned out to be a good birthday after all in spite of the high number.
Tomorrow Leroy will roll his numbers but he's always four ahead of me so that helps mine sound better. I'll make some special things to eat but we'll save our second gift card for some other time. He'll be just as happy to eat at home since I'm making fried oysters. And on Saturday we have a Christmas dinner to look forward to. It's feasting season!

No comments: