Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Friday, May 25, 2018

Dream Come True

Sometimes wishes and dreams do come true. After years of wishing and waiting, my outdated pink and black bathroom is gone and the remodel job is completed. The new window topper that arrived in today's mail is the finishing touch. I am very happy with it. Here are the before and after pictures.



Flooring is gray vinyl planks run the long way with the idea of a boardwalk in mind. 


Lighthouse theme started with the shower curtain

This mirror always was too high for a shorty like me. I could only see the top of my head.

 Now I think I see a little too much! (Pardon the bottle of pink soap. Someone gave it for my birthday and I was too tight to throw it out half used just because it's pink.)

Gene made the shelf for me from aged pallet lumber. It's supposed to simulate driftwood. All the things in it I already had. Some of the seashells in the jar were collected in Florida in 1972 and the  bottom layer of sand we got in California on our honeymoon. The wall plaque and fishnet are two extravagances I allowed myself.


The toothbrush holder and soap dish went with the tile so I improvised with blue glass pint jars. Leroy cut the pump from an empty bottle and fitted it into the lid. Life savers are available in case anyone starts floundering in the tub. The wooden cheese box was something I already had. I lined it with the Spanish moss (call it seaweed) I picked up in Florida in March. 


It's amazing what it is possible to come up with for decorating without buying things. I had fun doing it and can enjoy it the rest of my life. The remodeled bathroom should last as long as I do.

No comments: