Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Saturday, May 12, 2018

In The Pink

Some people are constantly moving, remodeling, changing jobs, cars, and even churches. They like adventure and new things. That is not us! We have lived in the same house for 50 years, gone to the same church 45 years and Leroy worked for the same company for 45 years. In 50 years of marriage we have had 5 cars. We stick with what we have and wear it out. And some things just don't wear out. We're still not tired of each other or our church. We still like our house but we have made some changes once in awhile when needed.
Take it from me, one thing that takes a long long time to wear out is ceramic tile in a bathroom. If you're putting ceramic tile on the walls, make sure it is a neutral color that will go with anything. If you don't, you will probably live to regret it. 
When we built our house in 1968, pink was the popular color for bathrooms. It looked right when it was put on but it was a mistake. Pink bathrooms were soon out of style and we were too poor to change it. I was stuck with pink. After our children were married and buying their own food instead of eating us out of house and home, I looked into remodeling the bathroom but the price scared me so nothing happened. I tried to tone it down with gray but the pink was there to stay.
This spring I decided to squeeze my eyes shut at the price and go ahead. Fifty years of a pink bathroom is long enough. I have served my time! I am not very good at decorating so I asked my daughter and sister-in-law for advice. Then we chose the materials and got our name on the list. The work is scheduled to begin Monday morning.
Here is how it looks right now. I'll post after pictures when it is finished.




In self-defense I will add that I did not ask for the black trim and was not happy with that design on the shower wall. But like I said, we were too poor to change it. After 50 years, it is on the way out!


No comments: