Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Hope and Promise

Spring may not be here yet but we have definitely turned a corner. Temperatures are forecast to be in the 50s for the next two weeks. When I went to bed last night I was actually too warm and chucked the sweat pants. I'm happy to retire them for the season!
The earth has turned her face to receive the kiss of the sun and lip prints are seen everywhere. Daffodils are shooting up and the tulips popped out of the ground over the weekend. This morning I have laundry flapping on the line for the first time in months. The snow has been slowly melting and soaking into the ground at a steady pace. We are thankful rain was not added to the mix and flooding has not been a problem. By Thursday when the next rain is forecast the snow should be pretty well gone. The snow banks have melted enough that both lanes of the road are open now and I am hoping to be able to resume my daily walk this week.
Each season has a beauty of its own but I think spring is the best of all because it is so full of hope and the promise of new life. The season underscores the message of Easter which the the truth upon which our faith stands.
"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes---I and not another." (Job 19:25-27 NIV)

No comments: