Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Irish and Cabbage

Where has the past week gone? Today is St. Patrick's Day and when we reach that mark on the calendar we know spring is poised to arrive. It looks like spring will march boldly in the front door on Saturday instead of quietly sneaking in the back door like it does some years. I have no objections! Come on in!!
I don't have any Irish in me but on St. Patrick's Day I like to grab a cabbage by the head and make corned beef and cabbage for supper. Gerald came in after I had started cooking it this afternoon and instantly declared something smells like stuff he smells when he works in the ER. I knew he would turn up his nose but made it anyway. I made the other half of the head into Cole Slaw, which he likes. He can eat his St. Patrick's Day cabbage raw and I'll eat mine cooked.
Not being a whit Irish, eating corned beef and cabbage has no particular significance. It is just a way to add a little spice to a late winter day. But since we're thinking Irish today, here's an Irish blessing for you.
May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And the rain fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

No comments: