Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back to Reality

I'm still alive. I've just been immersed in history the past week. I've been visiting historical societies, libraries, and museums as well as attending a genealogy conference and going on a tour of the sites where the first Europeans in Lancaster County settled in 1710. The place I most wanted to see on the tour was the Weber tract. This is where the Weber family lived before three of the sons (Jacob, Henry, and George) moved across the ridge to settle in a new place now known as Weaverland. Their brother, John, stayed on the Pequea side of the hill. This is the Weber homestead in the Pequea Valley. The old stone house has been nicely restored on the outside and is occupied by a renter. This house was the highlight of the tour for me as I am descended from all three of the Weaverland brothers.

Today it was time to come back to reality and get in gear for the big weekend coming up. Gerald took his very last final test on Monday and has completed all the requirements to earn a Bachelor's Degree in nursing. It's been a long road but all that's left are the ceremonies. We will attend his pinning (which takes the place of capping) on Friday and Commencement on Saturday. He has already started the process to move on to the next stage of preparing to begin his job at the Lehigh Valley Hospital on June 22. I have a lot to do between now and Friday and then the party begins! I know I shall be weeping tears of joy, pride, and relief when I see him walk across the stage to receive that diploma.

No comments: