Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Electronic Gadgets

My camera has been acting strange lately and I interpret that as a warning it is soon going to give up the ghost. Gene bought this digital camera when he lived in Oregon for a year way back in the previous century (1999). I bought the camera from him when he got married. It has served me well for five years but a camera that is more then ten years old is quite elderly (as cameras go) and not worth trying to repair.
I don't have the male hunter-gatherer instinct so I don't need a big shooter. My female nesting instinct prefers a little thing I can carry in my purse. But when it comes to replacing electronic gadgets, I am technology-challenged. I don't know how to compare the features or tell what I am getting. Gene and Daryl both bought new digital cameras in the last six months so I am going to depend on them for advice before I take the plunge. One thing I know, it will be a digital camera. After I learned how to use a digital camera I soon knew I will never go back to film. Funny how quickly luxuries can become necessities.
I never thought I needed a cell phone either but one year Leroy got a phone for me for my birthday. Yes, it does come in handy sometimes. If I can find a camera that is as senior friendly as this phone I'll be good to go!

No comments: