Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Monday, June 15, 2015

Family Weekend

The second weekend in June is our Family Weekend. We used to alternate between going to our cabin in Union County one year and doing a day trip the next. But the family outgrew the cabin and it was getting too hard for me to keep everything organized on a day trip. I resigned from being coordinator and let our children take over. They decided to just go to a cabin every year, which is fine with me.
We have the second weekend of June reserved at the same cabin every year and I like it there. It's big enough for all of us to be under one roof and is not far from home so we don't have to drive two hours yet after we leave. Even though it's not far from home, it is in a secluded spot of the mountain where there isn't even a signal for a cell phone.
There was 31 of us this year but I thought I could tell the grandchildren are getting older. It wasn't as noisy as it used to be. Everyone could choose their own activities and all sorts of things happened. I was satisfied just to watch but I did get caught up in putting together a 1000-piece puzzle. I haven't done a jigsaw puzzle for years but once I got started I couldn't let it alone. We started this one Saturday afternoon and someone finished it after I went to bed at 10:30. It was a tough one.
 
 
On Saturday evening one of the oldest grandsons showed us his pictures from a recent mission trip to Turkey.
 
The youngest in attendance was a one-week-old foster baby who basically slept through the weekend.
 
 
It's always good to get the entire family together and reconnect, but I sure am glad they all are capable of having their own homes. I'm too old to have a family this size on a daily basis but I can enjoy one weekend. I came home suffering from too much rich food and too little sleep and went to bed at 8 p.m. I feel much better this morning and am ready to do it again next year.
Here are a few more choice shots from the weekend.




 



No comments: