Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Gifted Ladies

God has put into the heart of women the desire to be creative. That desire finds expression in various ways. Some women make beautiful quilts, some are fabulous cooks, some know how to take ordinary things and put them together in a beautiful display. I don't piece quilts, my cooking is nothing to crow about, and I'm not much of a decorator. But this weekend I watched women exercising their talents at a ladies retreat at my daughter's church.
My daughter and granddaughter made all the food on this dessert bar Friday evening.
 
 
 Another lady did the decorating.
 

 
Notice the cupcake bouquet on the corner. The cupcake were nothing special but the way they were put together was artistic.
 

 Coffee, tea, and other hot drinks rounded out the menu.

 
One more gifted lady was the speaker who dished out the spiritual food in three sessions Friday evening, Saturday morning, and Saturday afternoon. It's beautiful to see how everyone can blend their talents to make something special. I was privileged to be part of it as a mere listener. There was much rich spiritual and natural food crammed into this weekend.
Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us. . . " (Romans 12:6)

No comments: