Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


Thanksgiving 2012 is behind us and I am thankful for an unscheduled weekend to unwind and relax.
We have spent the majority of our Thanksgiving holidays with Leroy's family. But the extended Stauffer family has grown so large it is a huge job to have two big dinners just a month apart. Their Thanksgiving dinner has been downsized the past few years. When I didn't hear any plans for this year I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to do something different. We invited our children and grandchildren, my siblings (and spouses), and two nephews (and children) who live nearby to come for a Burkholder Thanksgiving dinner.
The food was served caffeteria style on the pool table just like we used to do at my mom's house.
 
 
 
We can seat 32 at our folding tables and all but one were in use.

 
 
The day after Thanksgiving the women in our family (daughter and daughters-in-law) got together at Amy's house for our annual Christmas cookie bake. We baked some there and also brought some we had baked in advance.
 
 
Mine were all baked when I got there but the cut out Sugar Cookies needed to be decorated. That is always more fun if grandchildren help. Lauren, Kaden, and Arianna stuck with me until we were finished.
 
 
Both days were lots of fun. But I've been running at full speed the past two weeks and need to take a break. My calendar has only one thing on it for next week, for a change. That's good. Because just one week from today it will be December and we all know what that means.
 


No comments: