Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Results

This is the morning after the night before. After years of speculation, spending millions of dollars, and a lot of rhetoric, the 2008 election is over. The guessing and wondering is over, Barak Obama is the winner, and the process now begins to inaugurate the 44th President of the United States in January.
This election has been one of the most interesting we have ever had and I enjoyed watching it work its way through to the end. Way back in February, before the primaries had barely begun, I predicted that the Democratic candidate would win, whoever he or she would be. When Obama and McCain emerged as the candidates, I had no strong preference for either. I saw things in both of them that I thought could take the country in a wrong direction.
The vote I cast early on election day was, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." I accept the election of Obama as God's choice for He says in Proverbs 8:15, "By me kings reign, and princes decree justice." Daniel wrote, "He removeth kings, and setteth up kings" (Dan. 2:21). We may not understand what God is doing in world affairs, but we can trust His judgment.
Some people made dire predictions that we could lose our freedom overnight if Obama is elected. I find that hard to believe, but we do not know what the future holds. My security is not in any man or any government. No matter what comes, these truths remain:
1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. Jesus will still love you.
5. There will still be room at the cross.
6. God is still sovereign and He approves this message.

1 comment:

Gray Lane said...

I saw a headline yesterday, "the world hopes for a less arrogant America." The change many Americans voted for may not be the change they are expecting. Whatever it is, the change is change directed by God.