Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Sigma Theta Tau Mom

I found a long-stemmed rose in the kitchen this morning. Since Gerald came home after we were in bed, I assumed it came from him---which he verified.


A few weeks ago Gerald was invited to join an honor society for nurses, Sigma Theta Tau. Last evening he attended his first meeting of the local chapter. Each new member was given a pink rose. Gerald didn't really want the rose, so he passed it on to me. His grades have earned him a place in the honor society, but since I financed his education I think I have also earned the rose and am happy to have it. Since most nursing students are women, a pink rose is appropriate for them. With more men going into nursing though, maybe they ought to consider being prepared to give either roses or wrenches.

No comments: