Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Love never goes out of style but the ways of expressing it change with the years. This is a valentine that was among the things we bought at Leroy's aunt's sale a couple years ago. It is the size of a name or calling card. One end of the design lifts up to reveal the sender's name. The name printed under the picture on this one is Aaron G. Weaver. I don't know who he was but I'm sure the ladies in his day were impressed with this little card. I just think they are cute old things that give us a window into valentine's days of the past.
So what are you doing for those you love on Valentine's Day? I'm planning to make a Sweetheart Salad for the day. "The way to a man's heart . . ." you know. What am I getting from him? I'm not expecting roses. I'll get those in June when I pick them from my own bushes. I get practical things---like a new sweeper. Mine died last week and I really needed a new one. You can't sweep the floor with roses!

No comments: