Comments are welcome but please have the courtesy to sign your name. Unsigned comments will be deleted.

Monday, July 2, 2007

A Lousy Beautician

Leroy served two years of alternate (I-W) service at a hospital in Morristown, NJ from 1965-67. There was a mental hospital about five miles from there which also had a large group of I-Ws. On Saturday there was a reunion at New Holland of the guys that served at both places.
When we got there, some of the crowd were visiting on the parking lot. At first glance Leroy thought he doesn't recognize anybody. But the longer we were there the more people he knew. The name tags helped a lot!
The organizer said it for me when he said he couldn't believe how OLD everybody looked. But then, it WAS 40 years ago in May that Leroy finished his service. Like it or not, I guess we fit in with this grayed, faded glory crowd. The "cool dudes" are old bucks and the "chicks" are clucks. I think we've all mellowed and I hope grown wiser as well. Time may be a great healer but it is a lousy beautician!

No comments: